Permabase Cement Board
PermaBase® Cement Board
PermaBase® BRAND Cement Board is a rigid substrate made of Portland cement, aggregate and glass mesh that provides an exceptionally hard, durable surface that is able to withstand prolonged exposure to moisture.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on PermaBase Interior Applications. (Click here for Interior Warranty)
- 15-Year Limited Warranty on PermaBase Exterior Applications. (Click here for Exterior Warranty)
- Reinforced edge with EdgeTech technology allows for closer fastener application of nails or screws at the edge without crumbling or spinout.
- IRC and IBC 2006 Compliant - Meets ASTM C 1325.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Can be cut utilizing a standard utility knife and straight edge. With PermaBases unique core composition, little or no additional labor is needed to clean the edge after a cut.
- PermaBase is impact resistant, extremely durable and dimensionally stable. It has excellent overall flexural, compressive, and tensile strength characteristics.
- PermaBase is highly moisture resistant, and will not rot, disintegrate or swell when exposed to water.
- 1/2" PermaBase may be used in 1 hour and 2 hour rated assemblies and is UL Classified.
- PermaBase has a smoother finish than other brands and has no open edges, which reduces hand chafing.
- Lowest water absorption of any cement board per ASTM C 473.
- Suitable for both interior and exterior applications